Live, Work & Play Here
Sit outside on a summer evening and you’ll know why many people call West Sacramento home. A breeze blows through the Delta and cools the hot Valley air. It carries with it the green, growing scent of the fields and orchards on farms just outside of town. Wind chimes and the laughter of children from a nearby park fill the air with music. Well-planned neighborhoods encourage walking and biking to the grocery store. West Sacramento is small enough that you know your neighbors and feels like a hometown, yet offers the amenities of a big city. It is the best of both worlds.
Businesses—employers and employees—find it easy to work in West Sacramento. Why?
Ten Reasons West Sacramento Works
- Minutes to Downtown Sacramento and the Capitol
- Minutes to the University of California-Davis and California State University-Sacramento
- Quick and easy commute to freeways, Sacramento International Airport and Amtrak
- Superior distribution transportation: road, rail, air and port
- Educated, regional work force of more than 1 million people
- Abundant land, high-tech business parks and riverfront offices
- Low business costs:
- No local utility taxes
- Low business license fees
- Accessible and cooperative city government
- Affordable housing in new communities, existing neighborhoods and apartments
- Rich cultural and recreational opportunities