River Charter Schools
The Lighthouse Charter School’s educational program has been developed to provide expanded educational choice and opportunities for families in West Sac.
The goals of The Lighthouse Charter School include:
• Attacking the ethnic and socioeconomic achievement gap to enable students to become self-motivated, competent, and lifelong learners who are prepared for a lifetime of opportunities and change.
• Providing a multiethnic, student-centered learning environment that focuses on student achievement on an individual basis.
• Offering an educational program based on Common Core State Standards within an educational experience that will also include technology, fine arts, athletics, and project based learning to support the intellectual, social, physical, and emotional development of a student in the 21st Century.
• Educational programs for every student to reach his/her optimum academic performance level.
• Integrating components of technological innovation and mastery as part of the core academic program.
• Providing personal growth and development opportunities in the areas of: Intellectual development, social development, physical and emotional health, technological knowledge and skills, service to their local community, creative talents in the creative and performing arts, and create a student-centered learning environment.
• Providing multiple opportunities for cross-cultural understandings.